Flutter App development for BeginnersArticle By Bluelook Technology
As the use of mobile apps is increasing day by day, various platforms have been introduced to develop different types of applications in the market. Gone are the days when mobile apps were created as native apps. Mobile applications can now be developed with hybrid platforms to facilitate the process and result in cost-effective development. Different hybrid technologies have been introduced, i.e. Ionic, React, Phonegap, Flutter, etc.
Flutter is on top of all of them in the current era for developing mobile applications. For your next mobile app development project, you can hire Flutter developers.
The Structured Topics are:
- 1. Introduction of Flutter
- 2. Why Is It Better Rather Than Other Hybrid Platforms?
- 3. How To Set Up Flutter?
- 4. Flutter IDE
- 5. DART
1. Introduction of Flutter
Flutter was created and released in May 2017 by Google as a free open-source mobile UI framework. Flutter is a Google created and released free open-source mobile UI framework.
Flutter SDK is a collection of different development tools for creating mobile apps. It provides a platform for converting code into native code for mobile platforms such as iOS and Android. WIDGETS are reusable user interface elements in the Flutter framework. Our Flutter developers can customize those widgets to your specifications.
Flutter development is extremely useful for creating both native mobile and web applications from a single code base. The app can be published on both the app store and the play store, and the same code can also be used for PWA. The main benefit of Flutter is that it allows a single developer to work on the code and it will be supported across all platforms.
In case you want any Android and WEB app-related applications or information please visit our website Bluelook Technology Private Limited
2. Why Is It Better Rather Than Other Hybrid Platforms?
- Flutter-based apps have the same look and feel like native apps when it comes to the user interface. While applications built with other hybrid platforms such as React / Ionic give the impression of web pages on mobile screens.
- By using Flutter, you can easily access native controls like Bluetooth, WIFI, and any background service that you can only access with the native apps.
- Because Flutter is a Google-developed technology, we will see new updates to native Android app development.
- Hot reload is the most beneficial feature of Flutter using which developers can instantly view the changes applied to the code on emulators, simulators, and hardware without wasting time to re-run/rebuild the whole app again.
- As you can see, there are numerous advantages to using Flutter. By choosing Flutter for mobile app development, you are on the right track.
To become a Flutter developer & create mobile applications using Flutter, you should know about the below components:
- Install Flutter
- Flutter Basics
- DART Basics
- Customized Widgets
- Layouts & Navigation to design the app
- API Calls & JSON Parsing
Let’s begin to get the knowledge step by step to create basic Flutter applications.
3. How To Set Up Flutter?
Flutter can be installed in a variety of ways on your computer. It also depends on the operating system you’re running on your computer. Flutter can be downloaded from the following link and installed according to your machine’s operating system: https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/install
If you face any troubles or issues while installing, then you can just add the comment below / contact us. Our Flutter developers will help you to solve them.
After you’ve completed the installation, the DART package will be installed as well. There is no need to install DART separately because Flutter will choose the appropriate version for you when you install it.
4. Flutter IDE
To develop Flutter applications, the below IDEs are available:
- Visual Studio:
For flutter development, this IDE was touted as being very efficient and simple to use. The majority of web developers prefer this editor because it is so familiar to them. Visual Studio Code comes with a robust plugin system and a plethora of features. If you’re going to use Visual Studio, you’ll need to install the Flutter plugin.
- Android Studio:
It is one of the best IDEs for creating both mobile and Flutter applications. If you’re a mobile app developer, this editor should be your first choice. To all developers, it is one of Google’s best user interface frameworks. With native apps, you can quickly create users for mobile, desktop, or the web.
- IntelliJ Idea Community / IntelliJ Idea Ultimate:
This IDE is rarely used for flutter application development. However, if you’re already familiar with it, you can use it to get started with Flutter development. For more information on how to set up an editor, please see the following link: https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/editor
Your machine is now ready to begin coding for flutter apps after installing Flutter and the IDE. The following step is to learn DART, a programming language. If you’re new to mobile app development, you’ll also need to download Xcode.
To start programming with DART, please refer to the official article:https://dart.dev/guides/language/language-tou
We are also going to publish an article on DART programming concepts soon.
Create the first project of Flutter
- Select Create New Flutter Project in the IDE.
- As the project type, choose Flutter Application. Then press the Next button.
- If the text field is blank, select Install SDK… to ensure the Flutter SDK path specifies the SDK’s location.
- Enter a project name (for example, my app). Then click Next.
- Click Finish.
- Wait for Android Studio to complete the SDK installation and project creation.
To create a project with different IDEs, please refer to the below link: https://flutter.dev/docs/get-started/test-drive
The Flutter framework does a fantastic job of offering a platform-independent foundation for developing mobile applications. Flutter framework will undoubtedly enable a large number of new developers to develop high-performance and feature-rich mobile applications in the near future by providing simplicity in the development process, high performance in the resulting mobile application, and rich and relevant user interface for both Android and iOS platforms.
For More Information please visit our website Bluelook Technology Private Limited