In the blink of an eye, everything went online.
Office work turned into work from home and schools went online on zoom classes. This sudden shift made all of us sit in front of the screen for hours.
Prolonged screen time has detrimental effects on your eyes but we mostly ignore them. Humans are addicted to technology. We spend most of our time on computers or cellular devices for fun and enjoyment. Little do we know how seriously this habit impacts our eyes in the long run.
We as the best eye care service provider in Uttarakhand advise you all to notice the symptoms and start taking care as early as possible to protect your eyes.
You will notice few symptoms if you spend considerable time on your computer or phone:
- Strained eyes.
- You might have double vision.
- Blurry vision and if you are experiencing that then you should perhaps consider visiting the best ophthalmologist centre in Dehradun.
- Dry eyes and dizziness.
Reach out to an affordable and best eye hospital in Dehradun so that you can take the necessary precautions.
Now let’s talk about the different ways you can use to curb the effects of technology and protect your eyes:
- Maintain a distance of 20-25 inches between your eyes and the system you’re working on. Or simply tilt back the screen of your laptop so that you can avoid looking down at your screen.
- Take mini-breaks off the screen. For example, if you work at your laptop for 25 minutes then take a 5-minute break and look somewhere else.
- Increase the text size while working which will avoid strain on the eyes.
- The brightness of your screen matters. Low light can damage your eyes but too much brightness can also have adverse effects on the eyes. So, balance the brightness of your device.
- Being the best eye hospital in Dehradun, we advise people to wear anti-reflective glasses with blue light technology.
- Blink your eyes often to provide lubrication to your eyes. You can also use eye drops to cool down and lubricate eyes.
Spending a day without laptops or mobiles is not practical in today’s world so try to incorporate aforestated practices in your life and visit the best eye hospital if you still need a doctor’s help.