Laser eye surgery or LASIK (Laser-assisted in situ keratomileuses) is a refractive eye surgery for the correction of eye problems like myopia, hyperopia, and astigmatism. It’s a permanent alternative to glasses or contact lens. If you have any serious eye problems and LASIK eye surgery seems to be the cure then you must visit our eye care hospital in Uttarakhand as it’s best known for LASIK that treats all vision problems of the patients.
In normal eyes with perfect vision, the light refracts through the cornea onto the retina at the back of the eye whereas, in the case of nearsightedness, farsightedness, and astigmatism, the light bends incorrectly leading to blurred vision. The treatment in our eye care hospital in Uttarakhand for this medical condition happens to be LASIK surgery in which doctors use a cutting laser is to precisely change the shape of the cornea to improve vision.
If you’re considering laser eye surgery then we are assuming you already wear glasses or contact lenses therefore you must consult with the best ophthalmologist in Uttarakhand to know if this surgery will work for you or not.
Now that we know what LASIK is, let’s move on to the benefits and effects of this eye procedure.
- The nature of LASIK eye surgery is quick and safe. At our hospital, we have the best ophthalmologist in Uttarakhand who performs this quick 20 minutes procedure without any pain. The patient remains awake during the process usually medicines are given to calm the patient’s nerves.
- Quick results are another benefit of getting a laser surgery done, a patient starts to see clearly in few hours, and in 24-48 hours a patient gets a normal 20/20 vision.
- Our eye care hospital is proficient in LASIK surgeries; hence, your vision will be greatly improved. Not every patient gets the perfect clear vision but gets enough correction to see what they use to see with glasses.
- Say bye to glasses and contacts, most of the patients live without glasses for life after getting LASIK done from our eye care hospital in Uttarakhand.
- People who are 40 or above can sometimes be ineligible for this procedure due to other eye conditions.
- Though the risks are fewer now with the advancement in technology but it may cause dry eyes up to 3 months which can be managed by artificial tears.
- A LASIK surgery recipient may see nighttime glares and halos.
- The flaps created during LASIK aren’t secured and can be injured so avoid rubbing eyes and let them heal. If by chance any issue occurs then visit an eye care hospital in Uttarakhand as early as possible.
- People with higher prescriptions before the treatment can observe a decrease in the quality of vision after some time passed. It’s rare but sometimes some people need LASIK again.
LASIK offers a great improvement in vision therefore if you are considering getting this surgery done visit us and get treated by the best ophthalmologist in Uttarakhand. Most people who got their surgery done from our eye care hospital were happy with the results and no longer needed their lenses or glasses again.